Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Initial Post

Hello.

You may call me Jack. I did a blog about doodles a few years ago. It died. I don't really care. I still doodle, but I have too much shit to do to keep scanning everything. Maybe some day. Not today, though.

I just want to specify the scope of this blog.

Scope: Record my strange Chantix dreams.

Detail: I have smoked on and off for 13 years. I have tried the following methods to quit smoking:
  • Cold turkey
  • Nicotine patch
  • Nicotine gum
  • Nicotine patch + nicotine gum
  • Nicotine patch + light cigarettes
  • Wellbutrin
  • Self-help book
  • Hypnosis
  • Vaping
  • Chantix
Background: Tried it all, basically. This is the 3rd time I've been prescribed Chantix.

Quitting smoking is more important to me than anything. It means my life expectancy increases, which is perfect since I intend to become a forest hermit in my later years. And my kids don't have to see me die in my 40s. Maybe my 50s or 60s, but I am okay with that.

The other times I was on Chantix, I had strange dreams. This continues. They don't make sense, and I commend my subconscious for formulating them. It is pure chaos and random. It amuses me. That is why I wish to record them in this blog.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment